Hollywood, California is known the world over for the glitz and glamour of the movie- business. Millions of people visit the city each year hoping to spot some of their favorite celebrities. What many tourists will inevitably realize is that without a good plan laying out the attractions and “hot spots” they will visit, their trip may not get them anywhere close to a star gazing.
Even if there are no guarantees that you will encounter some of the country’s rich and famous, there are a number of places you can go to increase your odds and have a great time while star-watching. The key to having the type of vacation you have in mind is to first choose the comfortable and convenient accommodations that will serve as your home base and start planning early. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Buy Your Own Groceries — Staying in a suite with a fully-equipped kitchen will give you freedom to prepare the meals you and your family or friends enjoy, while also giving you a good reason to go to the local grocery stores. Even celebrities have to eat, and chances are t you’ll spot them shopping for food in the nearby Gelson’s on Franklin.
- Take a Walk along Sunset Strip — An experience in itself, walking along the boulevard will give you the opportunity to spot stars dining, nightclubbing, and having a good time. It’s easy to spot the stars; just follow the paparazzi!
- Take a Stand with the Paparazzi — There is a valet parking stand that makes it easy for paparazzi to get photos of stars as they enter and exit Barneys New York, a popular shopping place for celebs.
- See the Entire Family — Celebrities and their kids are often seen at the Studio City Farmers Market where the little ones can enjoy pony rides and the petting zoo.
- Take Shots of Stars on the Red Carpet –TCL Chinese Theatre offers a popular spot for seeing stars as they take the walk down the red carpet for movie premieres.
- Enjoy Open-Air Shopping at Its Finest — The Grove is an outdoor mall that sits beside the Farmers Market, giving stars an authentic shopping and dining experience. Enjoy a unique shopping experience while you are on the lookout for the stars.
- Rub Elbows with the Hollywood Elite — Many celebrities enjoy getting into their casual attire and shopping at the boutiques and galleries at the Malibu Country Mart.
- Watch Out for New Celebrity Hairstyles — Chris McMillan is the most popular hairstylist in Hollywood, creating the Jennifer Aniston cut for her “Friends” character, and many others.
- Follow Stars That Are Trendy Shoppers — Fred Segal is the ideal spot for finding celebrities who are shopping for the “things” they can’t live without.
- Hang Out at the Los Angeles International Airport — When stars come back into town, they have to pick up their luggage at the baggage terminals just like you. Also, check out the lower levels, where art shows are often staged and frequented by the stars.
One of the best ways to go celebrity-spotting during your Hollywood vacation is to stay in Hollywood where all the best locations are within an easy walking distance or short cab ride in either direction. To learn more about the fully-equipped suite selections from Hollywood Hills Suites, or to make your reservation, call 1-323-218-0090.